Nestled in the heart of British Columbia’s Fraser Valley, Harrison Hot Springs is a charming resort village renowned for its natural hot springs, stunning landscapes, and tranquil ambiance. This idyllic destination, located just a couple of hours from Vancouver, offers visitors a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of urban life. In this article, we’ll explore the captivating allure of Harrison Hot Springs and the experiences it has to offer.
The Healing Waters
At the heart of Harrison Hot Springs lies the source of its fame – the natural hot springs. These geothermal springs, with temperatures ranging from 38°C to 62°C (100°F to 144°F), have been drawing people to the area for centuries. Indigenous communities were the first to appreciate the healing properties of these thermal waters, and today, visitors from all over the world come to soak in their rejuvenating embrace.
- Harrison Hot Springs Resort: The Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, established in 1886, is an iconic landmark that overlooks Harrison Lake. Guests can unwind in the resort’s mineral-rich hot spring pools, which offer both indoor and outdoor options, while taking in breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and lake.
- Healing Properties: The mineral content of the hot springs is believed to have therapeutic benefits, including alleviating muscle tension, improving circulation, and promoting relaxation. Many visitors come seeking relief from various ailments or simply to enjoy a soothing soak.
Harrison Hot Springs is not only known for its hot springs but also for its captivating natural beauty:
- Harrison Lake: The village is situated on the shores of Harrison Lake, a 60-kilometer (37-mile) long glacier-fed lake surrounded by lush forests and the majestic Coast Mountains. The lake offers opportunities for boating, fishing, kayaking, and simply enjoying the tranquil waters.
- Hiking Trails: The area boasts a network of scenic hiking trails suitable for all levels of hikers. Exploring these trails allows visitors to immerse themselves in the pristine wilderness, with the chance to spot wildlife and enjoy the vibrant flora.
- Harrison River: The nearby Harrison River, famous for its eagle-watching tours, hosts one of the largest gatherings of bald eagles in North America during the fall and winter months. Birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts flock to the area to witness this remarkable spectacle.
Harrison Hot Springs offers a range of recreational activities for those seeking adventure:
- Golf: The area boasts a championship golf course with stunning mountain and lake views, making it a favorite destination for golf enthusiasts.
- Fishing: Harrison Lake and the Harrison River offer excellent fishing opportunities, with species like salmon and trout attracting anglers year-round.
- Water Sports: Visitors can indulge in various water sports, including paddleboarding, jet-skiing, and wakeboarding, to make the most of the pristine waters of Harrison Lake.
Harrison Hot Springs is a place where nature and relaxation seamlessly intertwine. Whether you seek the healing embrace of natural hot springs, the awe-inspiring beauty of Harrison Lake, or the excitement of outdoor adventures, this tranquil village in the Fraser Valley offers an enchanting escape for those in search of rejuvenation and serenity. Harrison Hot Springs invites visitors to immerse themselves in its natural wonders and unwind in a setting of pure, unspoiled beauty.