Ingredients for Chana Chaat
- ¾cup dried chickpeas or 1 can of chickpeas (400 gm)
- 1small tomato diced
- 1small onion diced
- 1green chili sliced (remove seeds)
- 4tablespoon coriander, chopped plus more for garnish
- ½ – 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon chaat masala plus more for garnish
- 2teaspoon lemon juice
- Yogurt (Optional)
How to make Chana Chat
- Soak chana overnight in water and leave. Make sure to use a large bowl as the chickpeas will increase their size during the process.
- Boil the Chickpeas (Chana) in salted water for about 30-45 minutes till tender. A pressure cooker can also be used, and in that case the chickpeas will not need to be soaked. The time for pressure cooking will be about 30 minutes.
- If you are using canned chickpeas, make sure to drain the water from the can and rinse before using.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl. Add diced tomatoes, diced onions, green chili, coriander and salt, chaat masala and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Let it sit for about 10 – 15 minutes to let the flavours develop. Adjust seasonings if required.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and chaat masala before serving.