Charna Island, also known as Churna Island or Cheerno, is a captivating and uninhabited island situated near Mubarak Goth in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. Located about 9 km (5.6 mi) west of the mouth of the Hub River, it rests in the Arabian Sea, at the boundary between the provinces of Balochistan and Sindh. This small island holds a special allure for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike.
Tourists Attractions at the Island
- Pristine Island Paradise: Charna Island is a hidden gem, offering a pristine and untouched island experience. Its untouched beauty and tranquil surroundings make it a perfect getaway from the bustling city life of Karachi. The island measures approximately 1.2 km (0.75 mi) in length and 0.5 km (0.31 mi) in width, providing ample space to explore its natural wonders.
- Scenic Location and Accessibility: Situated off the coast of Karachi, Charna Island is easily accessible by boat. Visitors can embark on a short journey from Mubarak Goth, which is approximately 6 km away. The boat ride to the island offers stunning views of the Arabian Sea and a chance to witness the coastal landscape.
- Rich Marine Life: Charna Island is renowned for its diverse marine life and vibrant underwater ecosystem. Snorkeling and scuba diving enthusiasts are treated to an underwater paradise, where they can encounter colorful coral reefs, exotic fish species, and other fascinating marine creatures. Exploring the crystal-clear waters around the island is a delight for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
- Adventure Sports: The island’s clear waters and captivating surroundings make it an ideal destination for adventure sports. Visitors can engage in thrilling activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, jet skiing, and cliff diving. These activities provide an adrenaline rush and an opportunity to experience the island’s natural beauty in an exhilarating way.
How do you get to Charna Island?
To reach Charna Island, you can follow these steps:
- Start from Karachi: Charna Island is located near Mubarak Goth in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. You need to reach Karachi first, as it serves as the starting point for visiting the island.
- Arrive at Mubarak Goth: From Karachi, make your way to Mubarak Goth, which is the nearest point to Charna Island. Mubarak Goth is approximately 6 km away from the island.
- Hire a Boat: At Mubarak Goth, you can find local boat operators who offer boat services to Charna Island. You can negotiate the price and make arrangements with the boat operator for your visit.
- Boat Ride to Charna Island: Once you have arranged a boat, embark on a boat ride from Mubarak Goth to Charna Island. The boat ride typically takes around 30-45 minutes, depending on the sea conditions.
- Enjoy the Island: Upon reaching Charna Island, you can explore its natural beauty, engage in various water activities like snorkeling or scuba diving, and immerse yourself in the serene surroundings of this uninhabited paradise.
It’s important to note that weather and sea conditions can impact the availability and feasibility of boat rides to the Island. It’s advisable to check with local authorities or boat operators regarding any restrictions or safety precautions before planning your visit. Additionally, consider the appropriate season for visiting, as weather conditions may vary throughout the year.
Charna Island Cliff Height?
The exact height of the cliffs on Charna Island can vary, as there are different cliffs and rock formations present on the island. However, specific information regarding the precise measurements of the cliffs is not readily available. Charna Island is known for its diverse topography, including cliffs and rocky outcrops, which add to the scenic beauty and adventurous appeal of the island. Visitors can witness the impressive cliffs and cliffsides while exploring the island and engaging in activities such as cliff diving or simply enjoying the breathtaking views.
Charna Island holds significant ecological value due to its untouched nature. It serves as a nesting site for various species of birds, including seagulls and cormorants. The island’s conservation is essential to protect its delicate ecosystem and preserve its natural habitats.
In August 2020, Pakistan’s new political map showcased Charna Island, highlighting its importance and recognizing it as a part of the country’s territory. This acknowledgment brings attention to the island’s significance and potential for tourism development.
While Charna Island offers a breathtaking retreat for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers, it is crucial to ensure responsible tourism practices to preserve its natural beauty and protect its fragile ecosystem. Visitors are encouraged to respect the island’s environment and adhere to sustainable practices.
Charna Island beckons with its untouched beauty, diverse marine life, and exciting adventure opportunities. A visit to this captivating island promises an unforgettable experience, immersing visitors in the wonders of nature and leaving them with lasting memories of this enchanting paradise off the coast of Karachi.