Fruit chaat is basically a fruit salad of Pakistan and India. It can also be termed as a street food and also make Fruit Chaat at Home. It is made with seasonal fruits, sugar, and some spices.
In Pakistan, fruit chaat is a staple recipe of Ramzan and is served during Iftar. Ingredients of fruit chat which are fruits can be added and deleted as per your likings or disliking. So this food can be customized as per anyone’s wish and taste.
Ingredients to make Fruit Chaat
Fruit (for other fruits that can be used, see note 1)
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- ½ cup seedless grapes, halved lengthwise or quartered (depending on grape size)
- 1 peach or nectarine, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 pear, pitted and cut into cubes
- 1 tangerine or small orange with peel
- Lemon juice optional – to prevent fruit oxidation
- 2 tablespoons of sugar according to personal preference
- 1 ½ – 2 teaspoons of chaat masala adjust according to personal preference
- ¼ – ½ cup orange juice see note 2
How to Make Fruit Chaat at Home
- Cut around the tangerine (or orange) to remove both the peel and the white pith. Cut into sections and then into small cubes. Cut the tangerine / orange to the same size as the other fruit. Remove all seeds.
- Place the sliced tangerine / orange in a medium-sized bowl. Add the rest of the fruit.
- Add sugar, chaat masala and orange juice.
- Stir and mix well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Depending on the combination of fruits used, the amount of sugar and chaat masala may need to be adjusted.
- The fruit chaat can be served straight away, but if you let it sit in the fridge for 10 minutes, the flavors will meld and create a delicious fruit juice at the bottom of the bowl.