Dardeli Pass is a challenging trek that offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and an opportunity to experience the local culture of the area. It is a journey that requires physical fitness and mountaineering experience, but the rewards are well worth the effort.
Dadreli Pass Height
Dadreli Pass trek is one of the most popular treks in Pakistan. At an altitude of 4900 m, Dardeli Pass connects Swat with Distict Ghizer in Gilgit. It is highly sought after for the variety of views and terrains. The trek consists of lush green pastures, alpine forests, a tough snowy pass and several beautiful streams and lakes, everything a hiker could wish for.
Delicious trout from cold water streams adds the cherry on top. Overall, the trek is considered a strenuous trek. Good physical fitness and some previous trekking experience are required to complete it.
Trout Fish is available in abundance throughout the trek. Trout can be found in the ponds available besides all the campsites during the trek.
Location of Dadreli Pass Trek
The trek to Dardeli Pass is challenging and requires a high level of physical fitness and mountaineering experience. The trail is approximately 45 kilometers long and takes around 7-8 days to complete. The trek begins at Kalam in Swat Valley and passes through scenic valleys, lush green meadows, and towering snow-capped peaks. Trekkers can witness stunning views of the Karakoram, Hindu Kush, and Himalayan mountain ranges.
How to Reach Dardeli Pass
- Islamabad to Gupis Valley
- From Gupis Valley to Handarap Valley by road
- From Handarap Valley to Handarap Lake – 3 to 4 hours of hiking
- From Handarap lake to Ambesh trekking about 6 to 8 hours
- Ambesh to Dadreli Base 5 to 7 hours trekking
- From Dadreli Base to Palanchi via Dadreli Pass This is the most challenging day of the trek as we cross the 4900m high Dadreli Pass. The steep climb may involve traversing snow with sharp ascents and descents. We descend to the Palanchi camp on the other side of the Pass.
- From Palanchi to Jaba Meadows by trekking for several hours
- Jaba to the beautiful Mahodand Lake to Mingora to Islamabad
Dardeli Pass is located at an altitude of 4,900 meters and is known for its challenging terrain and harsh weather conditions. The pass is covered with snow for most of the year, making it accessible only during the summer months. However, the stunning natural beauty of the area and the unique cultural experiences make the trek worthwhile for adventurous travelers.
Along the way, trekkers can interact with the locals, who are known for their hospitality and welcoming nature. The trek provides an opportunity to experience the local culture, cuisine, and traditions of the region.